Entry level recruitment (‘Perform’)
How do we do this?
Our tailored training strategy is delivered by Russell Beswick; an award winning Chartered institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Qualified Learning & Development Professional. Russell leads a team that provide bespoke training programs including consultative delivery, mentoring and distance learning.
Training & Development is fundamental to ConSol Partners’ success. We invest circa £10,000 in your personal growth for the first six months with a healthy budget available throughout your career with us.
- Intensive Fundamentals of Recruitment Induction Program
- Access to our own online learning resource ‘Talent Hub’, allowing study at work and at home
- On-going, regular 1-2-1 coaching and feedback
- ‘Perform’ Transition program – A 4 week program to support your career progression to a 180 or 360 consultant
- Structured leadership and management training program
- Opportunity to apply to study an ISMM Sales qualification at certificate or diploma level after six months of successful employment with us
- A suite of ongoing learning modules that support your career at ConSol Partners whatever your experience level:
– Effective Account Management
– Effective objection handling
– Successful negotiations
– Selling retained business
Role of a Recruitment Consultant
Recruitment Consultants attract candidates and match them to contract or permanent roles for clients.
Consultants typically source candidates through headhunting, networking and advertising as well as professional and social networking sites. Once a suitable candidate is found, they pre-screen either over the phone or face to face on behalf of the client to determine if they match the client’s skill-set and technical or commercial requirements.
Once matched, consultants arrange candidate interviews with the client and manage the hiring process from start to finish. Throughout this process, consultants will qualify a candidate’s salary, role requirements and general expectations which is communicated to the client, ensuring both parties agree on the opportunity.
Normal activities include:
- Headhunting – identifying and approaching suitable candidates who may already be in work
- Reviewing and clarifying job specifications, competencies and skills required
- Scheduling and coordinating interviews
- Developing a good understanding of client companies, their industry, what they do and their working culture/environment
- Negotiating pay and salary rates in addition to finalising arrangements between client and candidates
- Providing regular updates and feedback to managers, candidates and clients
- Generating new business using targeted sales strategies either on the phone, face to face or through marketing campaigns
- Writing job adverts, registering new CV’s, preparing candidates for interview and offering CV advice
- Building long-standing working relationships
Characteristics of a successful Recruiter:
- Commercial acumen
- Positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Think on their feet/outside the box
If you’re a Graduate or graduating this year and have the ambition to match ours, we’d love to hear from you.
Do you know anyone right for ConSol Partners? We offer £500 referral fees for any experienced candidate we successfully place with us.