Our client is a successful start up company focusing on 3D, VR and AR. They are a well known name in the virtual reality space.
Senior Software Developer in Test for test development and verification of our Spatial Computing system that provides a realistic 3D augmented environment on top of the real world.
This position will target the verification of the kernel and drivers for the software integrated in our compute pack and headset units. Includes the validation of code provided by 3rd party chip vendors that is integrated into our platform.
- Work with the development, program management, and test teams to define, develop, and execute test cases that will allow us to perform validation of the sensors, algorithms, services, and components that make up our embedded OS.
- Low Level Drivers
- Boot Up Sequence
- HW / SW interoperability
- Analyze various components of the Magic Leap systems, collaborate with various development teams, and use your technical expertise to investigate, troubleshoot and verify software defects and other technical issues
- This includes being able to analyze logs to help root cause the issue or determine the component(s) causing it
- Review integrated code change to isolate which one might be causing a failure within a release
- Define and develop utilities / tools to accomplish the assigned testing
- Provide technical recommendations towards solution that supports Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Agile practices
- 7+ years of software development experience working on embedded products or mobile applications with a minimum of 4 of those years having an emphasis on Linux kernel
- Experience with embedded software testing and should have worked on different Microcontroller based systems (ARM, 8051, etc.) and Microprocessor (x86, etc.). Should be thorough with - concept of computer architecture.
- Experience with Linux or Android
- Excellent understanding of all test fundamentals and the associated use of test management and defect tracking tools is a must
- Hands-on experience with manual and/or automated testing of embedded devices like sensors and cameras is desired
- Good understanding of hardware/software interoperability in an embedded system and communication protocols like UART, I2C, SPI, etc.
- Expertise with one or more programming languages, such as C, C++, C#
- Scripting knowledge of Python, PowerShell and Shell scripting is desirable
- Good troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of test data analysis, statistics, and test reports
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic and "can do" attitude