Sr Robotics Software Engineer
South San Francisco
Robotics for Urban Planning
Strong base, bonus, equity, benefits
Flexible hybrid working approach
Our client is seeking a Robotics Software Engineer to support the development and deployment of
our automated parking solution.
The ideal candidate will be a software engineer with solid programming skills sharing the
passion for robotics. You will be building out and leading development on a variety of core
systems, including but not limited to sensor networks, robot human-machine-interfaces,
(garage) operational management tools, software or hardware simulations, sensing and motion
or path planning, etc.
You can design and architect software, are familiar with modern development practices, and are comfortable owning your portions of the system. Overall you love to prototype and build things, find robust and simple solutions to complex technical problems, and want to ship software to make a real-world impact.
- Own the end-to-end design and implementation for specific features, potentially including garage status monitoring, improvements to our planning algorithms/performance, increase the robustness & resiliency of our robotics software applications, develop & qualify prototypes for electric vehicle charging, etc.
- Cross-functional requirements gathering, rapid prototyping to prove concepts, the development of automated tests, and simulation at scale to prove performance - whatever is required to deliver the feature or robustify existing functionality
- May include using and enhancing simulation environments, as well as development of software to run on our robot (AGV)
- Collaborate with the team on architecture and infrastructure choices, as well as data pipeline
- Support system integration, test, and debug; participate in demonstrations and pilot deployments
- Bias towards action. Ship new features quickly while building in a sustainable way with high quality
- Familiarity with robotics: control, localization/state estimation, (multi-agent) planning or scheduling systems, simulation, test automation, computer vision or deep learning, sensing
- Production level C++ skills, ideal modern C++(>=17) (or if above robotics familiarity is strong, willingness to learn C++ and understand the benefits of a strongly typed and close-to-HW language)
- System design experience. middlewares such as ROS, and rapid prototyping skills are a plus
- Strong end-to-end ownership, going from prototype to fully-deployed and monitored production-level software.
- Experience with automated software development practices and modern tools (Git, CI).
- Excitement to learn new technologies in any area of the stack: Backend, Frontend,
- Testing, Simulation, etc; willingness to dive in on various efforts and contribute where most needed.
Nice to have
- BS (MS preferred) in CS or related discipline.
- Familiarity with embedded systems
- Familiarity with human robot interactions
- Familiarity with infra tooling, e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, ELK stack
If you think you have the key skills required, please forward on a copy of your resume and someone from the team will be in touch to discuss.
APPLY NOW - INTERVIEWING IMMEDIATELY
Location: South San Francisco (Flexible hybrid working approach)
(Domestic relocation assistance is available)
Comp: Strong market compensation including base/bonus/liquid RSUs/benefits.
(Visa transfer is available)
We are a leading consultancy for expansion in communications, content and emerging technology markets. We work in collaboration with growing organizations on exclusive assignments to find them the best talent in the industry.
If you're looking to push your career forward in an innovation-driven role with a dynamic, collaborative team that's solving real-world problems, then apply now.