Our client is a successful start up focusing on the 3D, VR and AR space and are a well known name in the Virtual Reality world.
In this role, you will help develop the building blocks of our automation infrastructure and tests. The goal is to develop an automation system and automated scripts to test the software quality in a very efficient manner and empower a wide community of software engineering teams to build a quality product. The challenge is exciting if you are an engineer hungry for advancement because you will be working on a diverse set of technologies including Unity and Unreal applications, robotics and IoT controllers
- Help design, implement, and maintain the automation test scripts and Automation SDK for the device software suite.
- Understand the device architecture, collaborate with developers and manual QA members to identify SW test automation opportunities, and develop an automated test scripts.
- Take ownership of assigned features from the test automation point of view and create functional and non-functional automated test scripts to increase Continuous Integration, Smoke, Reliability, Key Performance Indicators(KPI) tests for proper coverage.
- Continuously improve the automation systems, architecture, and test scripts to achieve high reliability, consistency, and increased efficiency in executing automated tests.
- Help fix/improve the Automation Framework components when needed.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to the junior team members with the implementation of appropriate systems and tools aligning with the overall test automation strategy.
- 5+ years of development experience with Python
- Excellent debugging, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
- Familiarity working with Windows and/or Unix/Linux systems and shell/batch scripting
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile environment and manage multiple priorities
- Previous experience of working with Manual testing, Automation frameworks, automated systems are desired and are a huge plus
- Previous experience of working with Embedded Systems devices and understanding of HW/SW architecture is a huge plus
- Knowledge of hobby electronics (such as Raspberry Pi, Arduino, etc) is a plus