Sr Embedded Software Engineer
South San Francisco
Robotics for Urban Planning
Strong base, bonus, equity, benefits
Flexible hybrid working approach
Our client is seeking a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to lead the development of embedded software across the platform.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced software engineer with solid C/C++ skills.
Constrained settings (memory, compute resources) with real time needs is a comfortable
environment for you where you select compute architectures and software design choices (e.g., RTOS vs. baremetal) based on experience and careful requirement gathering.
You will be familiar with modern development practices, and are comfortable owning your portions of the system. Overall, you love to prototype and build things, find robust and simple solutions to complex technical problems, and want to ship software to make a real-world impact.
- Implement new features and isolate existing software with real time needs
- Identify compute architecture and OS (RTOS, which RTOS, or bare metal), communication & serialization protocol, gather requirements and compute performance metrics.
- Make incremental progress (bench test, ship increments where possible) and perform test automation, plus implement bootloaders (OTA) to update every aspect of the embedded software we control
- Collaborate with the team (electrical, mechanical, software, networking) on architecture and infrastructure choices on cross functional features such as reliable full garage emergency stop functionality
- Support system integration, test, and debug; participate in demonstrations and pilot deployments
- Proven experience designing deterministic (real time) software within constrained resources (memory, processing)
- Experience with the design of redundant hardware and software systems
- Strong knowledge of Embedded C/C++
- Experience with Ethernet based communication protocols and IPC mechanisms
- Experience with communication protocols such as RS232, RS422, I2C, SPI, JTAG
- Experience with CAN bus systems and associated tools
- Experience with data serialization protocols for embedded systems
- Collaboration with Linux (and similar) application stack (i.e., define common interfaces, tests) and excitement to dive into more of the "higher-level" general and robotics software when needed.
- Strong communication skills (e.g., requirements management)
Nice to have
- Experience with Safety Critical Embedded Systems
- Experience with Real time operating systems (RTOS)
- Test automation like Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) systems
- Experience with different types of sensors and environmental sensing systems
- Experience with ROS or other robotics middleware platforms.
- Knowledge of bootloaders and implementation with various communication protocols
- Familiar with FMEA process
If you think you have the key skills required, please forward on a copy of your resume and someone from the team will be in touch to discuss.
APPLY NOW - INTERVIEWING IMMEDIATELY
Location: South San Francisco (Flexible hybrid working approach)
(Domestic relocation assistance is available)
Comp: Strong market compensation including base/bonus/liquid RSUs/benefits.
(Visa transfer is available)
We are a leading consultancy for expansion in communications, content and emerging technology markets. We work in collaboration with growing organizations on exclusive assignments to find them the best talent in the industry.
If you're looking to push your career forward in an innovation-driven role with a dynamic, collaborative team that's solving real-world problems, then apply now.