Sales Director, MSP - US Remote
This position is works to establish, maintain, and expand relationships with Managed Service Providers (MSPs) to achieve sales, profitability, and recruitment objectives. This role represents and builds business deals for a range of products to MSPs. The successful candidate will have five plus years of MSP channel management experience, preferably in the data backup/recovery space or related and have a working knowledge of the relevant eco-systems/platforms in North America.
This role can be located remotely in the US or near our offices in Eden Prairie, MN or Draper, UT
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and drive strategy to capture the growth opportunities in the MSP market.
- Mange team of channel account managers focused on this space.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned territory
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates needs on an ongoing basis.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key individuals in assigned accounts.
- Drives adoption of programs
- Manage and engage MSPs to build key relationships and sales pipeline.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, to meet performance objectives and partners' expectations.
- Utilize market and company data to develop a deep understanding of the challenges, opportunities, and growth areas for MSPs.
- In collaboration with our product management and marketing teams, help develop messaging, content, and training to support the increase of the number of MSPs.
- Develop messaging and content to support the growth of the MSP route to market. This includes recruiting MSPs, as well as help them understand the value of creating a service with our products.
- Collaborates with colleagues across sales engineering, marketing, implementation, and customer support to ensure overall success of partnerships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and related work experience to meet the essential functions of the position
- Five plus years of Managed Service Provider (MSP) sales management experience
- Five plus years of channel, MSP software sales experience
- MSP and channel network of executive relationships
- Software Industry knowledge related to channel management and software as a service (SaaS)
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Initiative-taking self-starter and strategic thinker with the ability to work effectively in a demanding, challenging, and team-sales environment
- Experience in the IT infrastructure / Datacenter, with experience in technology solutions, services, and industry knowledge in the storage, security, or data protection marketplace.
- Process driven
- Possess leadership competencies necessary to motivate teams to attain their goals
- Proficient with MS Office tools
- Experience working with Salesforce
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to gain access to decision makers and channel partners via phone
- Proven leadership and management experience
- Demonstrated experience developing employees
- Proven history of building strong professional relationships
Travel: Up to 60%
Arcserve is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans