A bioinformatics driven diagnostics company focusing on data analysis and sequencing within cancer genomics. They have recently IPO'd resulting in over $150m post IPO equity which they plan to reinvest in resources and growing the team from 200 to 400 over the next 12-24 months.
The company's current focus is on developing cutting edge genomics-based precision-medicine products in immuno-oncology, cancer clinical trials, diagnostics, and therapeutics being used by pharma, biotech, hospitals, and clinicians.
Opportunity to build high-performance pipelines to analyze large volumes of next-generation sequencing (NGS) data. This role will specifically focus on developing new capabilities and concepts in an emerging field
You will be joining a small high performing team with a high impact role from day one. The team have expansive growth plans offering new hires the opportunity to move into lead and more senior roles on fast track time lines. You will be collaborating with some of the top academic and technical minds in the industry made up of bioinformatics scientists, software engineers and lab scientists.
- MS in a relevant field (Engineering, Computer science, Genomics, Bioinformatics, systems biology) etc
- Must have experience in novel algorithm development
- Strong programming skills in Python, previous experience building bioinformatics pipelines from scratch.
- Some background in Cancer Genomics - experience in cell-free data / liquid biopsy highly desirable
- Familiarity with cancer genomics software and databases such as: Mutect, Varscan2, Cosmic, TCGA
Offering: competitive Bay Area salary, annual performance bonus, stock options, full benefits, 401k match