MEMs Test Engineer
MEMs Test Engineer
6 month contract (extendable)
ConSol Partners customer is a world leader in the semiconductor and microelectronics industry. They are committed to providing innovative solutions within a wide range of user applications. They offer a world class R&D environment and the opportunity to take your career to the next level, they promote continuous training and development as a cornerstone for the business.
As a MEMS test engineer you will be working with design engineers from the multiphysics microsystems team in the life science imaging department and process engineer from the technology department. Your main goal will be to characterize the mechanical and electrical functionality of our MEMS devices. The type of characterisation tests that need to be performed varies depending on the application and the devices. Your primary tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Perform dynamic measurements of MEMS with Polytec laser doppler vibrometer, profilometry and static measurement with white light interferometry (Wyko), electrical characterization of the device performance, …
- Write or modify code to control automatic setups.
- Measure acoustic performances of ultrasound devices.
- Work with senior engineers to perform the characterization of devices
- Prepare reports summarizing data and work with application scientists to analyse the results.
- Collaborate with specialists from our cross-disciplinary design and technology teams;
- Work according to agreed customer timelines and report on progress internally and to customers.
- Manage time effectively according to aggressive project schedules.
- Quickly adapt to new project requirements.
- Work closely with an interdisciplinary team of design and process engineers.
- You have a Master degree in Industrial Engineering, Electronics, Applied Physics or other equivalent discipline. An individual with a Bachelor’s degree and several years of relevant experience will also be considered.
- You have some programming skills. Understanding “Labview”, C# or python is a plus
- You can use datasheets and manuals to modify laboratory setups to fit custom measurement needs
- You have experience working in a research or development environment with an interdisciplinary team.
- Programming skill for measurement setups
- Hands-on experience in MEMS measurements.
We are a leading consultancy in the niche IT sector. We work with companies ranging from small start-ups to multinational conglomerates on both permanent and freelance positions.
ConSol Partners focus only on niche markets to give unrivalled access to our extensive network of highly skilled candidates so we can delivery only the highest quality to our clients.
Founded in 2008, ConSol Partners are one of the world’s leading technology recruitment brands with headquarters in the City of London and international offices in Los Angeles & Boston. ConSol Partners provide permanent and contract recruitment solutions to FTSE & Fortune 500 companies, global brands and start-ups across the internet supply chain of Communications, Cloud and Digital.